Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Dreamland Cafe, Lipa City


                                                   First entry for 2017 Yay! 

It's a first for me to write something about the cafe scene in the Philippines, well, because I am working in Singapore and I only come home once a year(lol). But when I am back here, I don't really explore cafes that much. I prefer staying at home with the family or have some R & R with my closest friends.

Thanks to my high school buddy who suggested that we catch up on each other's lives while dining in, in this quiet and artsy cafe just across De La Salle, Lipa ---- Dreamland Arts and Crafts Cafe. 

At first glance, no one would suspect that it is a cafe. The exterior looks like a normal house. According to my friend, it really was a house converted into a coffee shop so that actually explained everything.

And so we found our way in the cafe and I was surprised to see a bohemian-inspired interior---complete with fairy lights, floor seating arrangement with low tables and lots of dream catchers!

The ambiance definitely gave off a laid-back vibe, a place where you can slowly sip a warm cup of coffee or fruity beverages while engaging in endless conversation with your friends.

Aside from eating, you can also draw or paint if you want to. If you are on the confident side, you can even sing in front of the cafes customers! All you need to do is to inform the staffs and they will arrange everything for you!

I'd give this place 8/10 rating for its ambiance alone. I can't really say much about the food since we did not order much but you can still check out what we ordered below! The Avocado Yogurt Shake was nice, not overly sweet but the avocado taste isn't that strong either. My friend ordered a Mango Yogurt Shake but she wasn't very happy, she said she can't really taste the mango in it. The thin mojos were crispy and the dip was really good too! We were pretty happy with our Cheesy Hashbrown Inna Cup, it tasted like lasagna!

We ordered 3 drinks and 2 snacks in all and we paid 660 php($13-$16 USD). I think the pricing is fair and just right for the amount of food they serve. 

We went on a weekday afternoon, around 1 pm so it was really quiet and there wasn't much people in the cafe. I do recommend this cafe if you want a chill place to hang out with a group of friends. Oh and if you love dream catchers, you'd definitely dig this cafe.

Dreamland Arts and Crafts Cafe
149 Yakal Street
Lipa, Batangas, Philippines
Opening Hours: 10AM - 10PM
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/DreamlandLipa/












0 comments:

Post a Comment